• To promote world languages in the state of Oklahoma through coordination of organizations.
• To coordinate world language teaching in Oklahoma with all national efforts in the promotion of world language study.
• To serve as an information center for world language teachers of Oklahoma.
• To encourage teachers in the improvement of skills in world language teaching.
• To stimulate enthusiasm, growth, and interest among world language teachers.
• To foster common aims and a harmonious spirit of cooperation among teachers of all world languages in Oklahoma.
• To stimulate interest among world language teachers in more active participation in their professional organizations.
• To stimulate professional interest among college students training to become world language teachers.
• To serve as an educational group in promoting both the modern and classical languages as basic to education.
Home to World Languages in Oklahoma!
The Oklahoma Foreign Language Teachers' Association welcomes everyone interested in promoting the teaching and learning of world languages whether modern or classical. We represent membership from educators teaching K-20.
OFLTA echos the sentiments of our regional and national language associations. Please click on and read their official statements.
Oklahoma Foreign Language Teachers' association